Selected Key Documents:
- CIA Special National Intelligence Estimate, “Major Consequences of Certain U.S. Courses of Action on Cuba,” October 20, 1962.
- Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara, military briefing, “Notes on October 21, 1962 Meeting with the President.”
- “Radio-TV Address of the President to the Nation from the White House,” October 22, 1962.
- Prime Minister Fidel Castro’s letter to Premier Khrushchev, October 26, 1962.
- CIA daily report, “The Crisis USSR/Cuba,” October 27, 1962.
- DOJ, Memorandum, TOP SECRET, “Memorandum for the Secretary of State from the Attorney General,” on Robert Kennedy’s October 27 meeting with Anatoly Dobrynin, October 30, 1962.
- USSR, Cable, TOP SECRET, Dobrynin Report of Meeting with Robert Kennedy on Worsening Threat, October 27, 1962.
- USSR, Letter, from Chairman Khrushchev to Prime Minister Castro, October 28, 1962.
- Cuba, Letter, from Prime Minister Castro to Chairman Khrushchev, October 28, 1962.
- White House, “Post Mortem on Cuba,” October 29, 1962.
- The National Security Archive’s Collection of Original Documents
- Declassified CIA Documents on the Cuban Missile Crisis